Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hello

Yesterday was a good day. Today might be even better.

Sam and I went with our friend, Gene, to Miami last night to see the Braves and Marlins. Sam and I are big Braves fans. Gene is a Yankees fan, but loves baseball. We had GREAT seats. (Section 142, Row 1, Seats 5-7). Gene gets the tickets, I drive and buy dinner.

The only drawback was that we had planned this months ago. As it turned out, this was also the day of the big iPhone release, I was seriously considered getting one, but then June 29th ended up being the release day, and I was going to a baseball game.

Oh, well. Baseball first.

The Braves hammered the Marlins, 12-3. We had a great time, getting back home just after midnight.

So, this morning I went out to see if there were iPhones left. At minimum I wanted to hold one in the store and try it out.

First stop - the AT&T store in Cape Coral. It is the closest to home. They were out. So, I crossed the bridge into Fort Myers and headed to the Fort Myers AT&T store.

Again, no luck.

I called Trudi (with an in-store iPhone, because I had inadvertently left my phone at home) and she offered to call the Apple Store in Coconut Point to see if they had any left.

While I was waiting, I was listening to a VERY disgruntled new iPhone customer complaining about not being able to sync to iTunes like he was supposed to, and the AT&T manager trying to explain that iTunes is Apple software and she has no way to help him with that.

I stood there remembering some of the negative posts I read before leaving the house, and wondered if it was even a good idea to get one yet.

But, in the end, I ended up going to the Apple Store, where the phones must have been plentiful. And, yes, I ended up purchasing this very expensive phone.

And, yes, it is very cool. The picture was taken with the phone's camera. Not a great camera, but I wish I had had it at the ball game last night.

4 comments:

Mark Lunsford said...

Dude, you da man! I held one today for the first time. Very cool. (My friend hadn't been able to get it activated yet though, after 5 separate calls to at&t). I'm not going to spring the cash for the iphone (i use yahoo music anyway) but i'll be getting the samsung blackjack when i get to tx.

Tim McDaniel said...

I was a very popular guy at church yesterday with the technically-inclined and Mac-geeks. I had zero problems with activation. Love the phone.

Anonymous said...

I had zero problems also! The phone is great, and I'm very happy with it. Tell me if you learn any cool tricks.

Tim McDaniel said...

You got one! No tricks yet. Of course, I expect all the inside info from you.