Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Christi


Christi is the sister of my wife, Trudi.

Is.

She died a year ago today, succumbing to a brain aneurysm.

But I won't say she was Trudi's (and Julie's) sister. She still is.

Not only is she still alive with Jesus, but I see her quite frequently in the mannerisms of Trudi and my three girls. (Yes, Shae, you, too.) You can hear her in the inflections of their voices, especially when they are excited about something. I see her in the intensity my girls sometimes display when happy, angry, disappointed, or delighted.

We see her all the time, yet we still miss her.

2 comments:

shl45 said...

Aww! I knew the anniversary was sometime soon. I pray that Trudi and Julie survived the anniversary. Sometimes they can be so hard. What good pictures of Christi! Her faith was always an inspiration from the time I met her. God bless you all!

princess said...

It is hard not to envy Christi, in that she is literally sitting at the feet of Jesus - along with Jordy and Mawmaw and the others we love and miss so much. No anniversary is easy, but I take joy in knowing none of them would come back if they could. Christi's smile still lights up the room - even from a photograph. Thank you Lord for the memories .. Our peace and comfort come from You. We love you Christi and miss you so much!
Give my sweet Jordyman a kiss for me!!