Monday, June 4, 2007

Blessed are Those That Haven't Seen...

More departures and arrivals.

This could be the theme for the summer, since I have a few more trips to make. Just noticed the time, and realized that Sunday has turned to Monday. It was an eventful Sunday.

Starting from the end and working my way backwards...

Looks like Billy Donovan might be having a change of heart (and budget) and staying with the Gators after all. I thought his leaving was good for him. I would've been upset had he left the Gators for Kenyucky or some other rival, but had no problem with leaving for the NBA. (and I like Dwight Howard.) So is he really staying with the Gators?

I'll believe it when I see it. (I don't know Billy.)

Shae returned from El Salvador. They had a great time and gained perspective. I'll be looking at her pictures tomorrow. Maybe she'll let me share one for the blog. Several people told me how impressed they were with her on the trip.

I wasn't there to see it, but I believe it. (I know her.)

My friend, Bob Bean, whom I spoke of in an earlier post, passed away Sunday at 3pm. Trudi and I were privileged to be there with his wife, Chris, and their son, Willie, as Bob officially went to be with the Lord.

It was very painful on the one hand, experiencing the pain of separation. And, of course, it was joyful to know that Bob is where he most longed to be, with God.

I've never been there, but I believe it. (I know them both)

3 comments:

Trudi said...

Nice post! Loved the parallelism between the subjects.

Now on to really important things. If you're going to post pictures of your wife in this blog, you really should find more flattering ones than the Shrek or podcast images. (Cute one of Luke, by the way!) Especially if wonderful friends from her past are going to stumble upon them (waving wildly to Sharon L.). Let me know if you need help finding something and by golly I'll lend a hand! ;)

Mark Lunsford said...

I guess the Gator Gravity pulled Billy back! Good for the Gators, but I was looking forward to seeing what he would do in the NBA.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mother. My picture stinks! :-P