Sunday, August 19, 2007

It Wasn't About the Honey

It was a good day.

I snuck a picture from the platform with my iPhone, hiding down near my legs to take the shot. That would explain the strange perspective which makes Billy's (Cole) legs look huge. (That's Mark (Nicholson) leading the choir.) Billy preached.

Tonight it was my turn. I told the story of Saul and Jonathan in 1st Samuel 14, the stupid decisions Saul made, and the good decisions Jonathan made - in spite of Saul. The title was "Bit o' Honey", but it wasn't really about the honey. It was about the battle - but Saul's stupid decision changed the focus to the honey.

I'm not sure if I made it clear that Jonathan's good decision - to attack the Philistines - actually looked like a stupid idea to begin with. But he submitted it to God, getting God's confirmation before he acted. Unlike Saul.

It's early, but the kids are in bed. School starts tomorrow!

No comments: