Saturday, July 14, 2007

Small World

Somehow I don't think this will be the last post with this title. It always amazes and delights us when we run into someone we know that either, a) knows someone we know, b) has lived/lives somewhere we have lived/live, or, c) all of the above.

We - Ray, John, Paul, and myself...four Bible Quiz guys - headed to The Gallery today for a round of golf. Paul rode along while the other three of us played.

The interesting thing was, while we were driving to the course, Ray started talking about his son. I've known his son for a long time, and I knew he had recently moved from his church in South Carolina to a church in Texas.

Before I finish that story, I need to add that my roommate here in Tucson, Josh Weber, recently moved to the Tampa area from Nashville. He attended Cornerstone A/G, where a guy named John McKinzie used to be on staff. John is now lead pastor at Hope Fellowship in Frisco, Texas.

And it wasn't until today, when Ray mentioned again about his son that I made the connection. His son, Scott Berkey, is children's pastor at Hope Fellowship, not only the home of John McKinzie, but the new home of another old friend - that I've mentioned in this blog - Mark Lunsford.

Small world, indeed.

{Picture is of Scott Berkey's dad, Ray}

1 comment: