Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Call to Prayer and Fasting

The following is a letter Trudi recently wrote:
I received a phone call this week that distressed me greatly. A marriage was falling apart with a spouse choosing to break their promise and walk away. This is always a troublesome thing to hear, but even more so now. It was the fifth call my husband and I have received in the past six weeks. In every case but one, these couples actively attend and are involved in a home church where they live. My heart’s cry is ENOUGH! Satan has always attacked the home but seems to be doing so at an increasingly aggressive rate. He knows - where there is division, there is weakness. And where does he desire for there to be weakness more than in the body of Christ?
In praying for these marriages, I felt God leading me to call for a day of prayer and fasting. I haven’t done anything like this before, but I’m proceeding as obediently as I know how. I asked God to lay the names of twelve women on my heart to join with me in this endeavor. That is why you are now receiving this letter.
First, let me say you may not be able to join me or have a desire to join me and that is perfectly okay - you owe me no explanation. You can still pray. However, if you can join me, I’m asking that you respond either by phone or by e-mail using the information below, so I know that at least twelve will set that day apart for this specific purpose. Feel free to invite others, both male and female, to join us for this special day of intercessory prayer.
I’m not setting specific guidelines for your fast - whether it is one, two, or three meals; full fast, partial fast, etc., - that is between you and God. But use this day to focus on Him with this clear purpose in mind: waging spiritual battle for homes and marriages.
Since she wrote this letter, we have heard of several more couples in the same situation, and even more people that are very concerned about the marriages of friends and family members whom they know.

The original 12 have told their friends, who have told their friends - at this point we don't know how many people will be joining in this effort, but we know the number is growing.

I talked to someone Sunday whose marriage is in serious trouble. I was able to tell him - you're not alone; there are people that are praying; God is about to do something that will surprise you.

I believe God is ready - but are we willing to seek Him? Are we willing to make the effort?

This is your invitation to a day of prayer and fasting, to wage spiritual battle for homes and marriages - Monday, July 30th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wrote that letter on July 16th. Since that time, I have received a call or e-mail almost daily - requesting prayer for a marriage in great distress. Sadly, my marriage prayer list is up to thirteen couples. All couples attend church and in every case, it is the woman leaving the home.

Deception and hardened hearts seem to be the order of the day. If ever there was a need for prayer and warfare, it is now!