Saturday, January 24, 2009

Who You Really Are [Mc]

Saw this great video on the Ragamuffin Soul blog. Great for a few reasons.

It's a great follow-up to my previous post about the President. What a wonderful tribute by two who know him best.

It is also thought-provoking for any dad, but especially any dad with a public title. I'm in the ministry, on staff at a church, so I have one of those titles. Pastor. Different than a president, but with some of the same pitfalls. You can forget who you are. You can forget what - and who - are really important. And you can forget that while you try to change the world and try to bring change into your sphere of influence, the greatest purposes are found under your own roof.



That's as introspective as I intend on being for the next couple of days. happy birthday to me. tomorrow.

2 comments:

jerespresso said...

Happy birthday, Pastor Tim. :)

Tim McDaniel said...

Thanks. Being old isn't so bad.