Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Kodak on Vimeo [Rev]

Among the new things I'm trying this year is Vimeo, a video service that is much like YouTube, but allows free upload of HD content. I shot this HD video at 60 frames per second on the Zi6 at Sammy's basketball game last night. When I play it back, it doesn't look very good on Vimeo on my computer...don't know how it will look on yours. (The video on my computer, straight from the camera, is amazingly good.)

Also, the preview here is only 400X300. When you click the link and go to my Vimeo space, it's in full resolution.


Sammy playing ball from Tim McDaniel on Vimeo.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Sorry, this video no longer exists"

Tim McDaniel said...

Really? You don't see it in the post?

Anonymous said...

Well I just watched it....

Anonymous said...

Well I just watched it...

Unknown said...

Tim - Looks pretty good. The Kodak and the Flip have the same problem - No image stabilization. So it usually looks a little shaky. Supposedly, the new imovie fixes that, but I have not got ilife 09 yet.

Tim McDaniel said...

Greg - Yes, the lack of image stabilization is noticeable. iLife '09 won't be out until the end of the month. I'm looking forward to it.