Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Priceless

Rings: $1500
(Really, I have no idea. I'm sure Trudi could tell you to the penny, but the rings I bought her were from MaryAnn Ballance, who gave me a great price on a custom-made set.)

Reception: $1500
(Again, I'm just throwing out numbers. I know it was quite a bit, and that the only thing she got to eat was the bite of cake and a banana I grabbed on the way out. You can tell we weren't eating much by how skinny we were!)

Tux with tails: $120
(Alright, I really stink at this because - besides the fact that I can remember that I paid $3.88 per gallon for orange juice last week, while I only paid $2.79/gal for gas yesterday - I can't remember what I paid for anything. I do know that I had tails while all the rest of the guys had regular tuxes. And Trudi's dress was lovely and, no, I am clueless about what it cost, although I'm sure she told me, though I don't think she ever did tell me how much she paid for my ring. The bridesmaids dresses were red. The ceremony was at First Assembly in Ocala. Some things I remember.)

Twenty-one years with the love of my life: Priceless.
(It was all about the punchline anyway. Thank you, Trudi, for 21 years together, four wonderful children, and - yes - even the hairy dog.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw...sweet! A wonderful 21 years it has been! Thanks for making marriage to you a delightful journey.

(Just thinking about paying for weddings for three daughters - and the expenses of a son's wedding- makes me shudder!:)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the hairy dog :-D

shl45 said...

Awwww! Congratulations last week guys! 21 years? WOW! You're just 5 behind us!