Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fantasies

September means football and football means...fantasy football and pick-em's and all sorts of other time-wasting activities associated with football.

So, after week 1, here's the update on my fantasy league pursuits...(and no, I don't spend much time on any of this - much.)

Game: Pigskin Pool - USA Today Pro Football Picks
League: PPL2007 - This is mostly members of Headquarters in Springfield. (invited by my sister, Tammy)
My Team: Great to Be a Gator - that's  a name that says it all.
Results so far: Tied for 2nd after picking 13 right in week one. Not bad.

Game: Pro Football Pick'em
League: Exit Pick'em Football - league started by our youth pastor, Jason Goss, and includes students and adults. (Exit is the name of our youth group.)
My Team: Controlled by Monkeys - don't you ever feel that way?
Results so far: Tied for 2nd after picking 9 right in week one. If only I would've used my USA Today picks.

Game: College Football Pick'em
League: Exit College Pick'em. ibid.
My Team: Own Ohio Renting the Other 49. A maybe-not-so-obvious reference to the Gators' total domination of Ohio State athletics in the last year. Big news if you haven't heard - the NCAA won't allow Florida and Ohio State to play each other anymore. It turns out that slavery is illegal.
Results so far: Tied for 1st after picking 17 correctly in week one. Missed the USF-Auburn game.

Game: Survival Football. This is interesting. You have to pick a winner each week, and you can't pick the same team to win more than once for the whole season. If you pick a team and they lose, you're out.
League: Exit Survival Football.
My Team: If I'm Lion I'm Dyin' - because I'm a Lions fan and they kill me every year.
Results so far: Alive. Picked Seattle to beat the Bucs. This is farther than I got last year.

Game: Salary Cap Football.
League: Exit Salary Football.
My Team: Hair is Overrated. Another obvious statement.
Results so far: Last out of seven. My guys had a down week.

Game: Fantasy Football. This is the kind where you draft players and have to keep up with it over the season. It takes the most time, but I don't expect to spend too much time on it.
League: Exit Fantasy Football. The league has a matchup element, where not only do we collect points, but we are competing head-to-head every week.
My Team: Flaming Platypi
Results so far: 1-0, and in 4th place after defeated Yo' Mama. I expect to get better - Ladanian Tomlinson is my main guy and he had an off week.

I won't give updates every week - but I'll let you know from time to time how it's going.

No comments: