Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy Birthday!


I'm in another airport. Atlanta Hartsfield. It's 9:15pm - our flight was supposed to leave at 8:10pm - and we're waiting for some sign that we might leave soon.

But this post is for my sister, Tammy. Happy Birthday, Tam! This is the only picture I have with me - I offloaded all my other pictures onto an external drive that's not available at the moment. She's probably glad I don't have access to any of those.

I won't say how old she is, but 1970 was a long time ago.

Like I said in my last post, I seem to have an overload of birth and death things on my mind at the moment. That's not a bad thing. Thinking about life and death in a healthy way can keep you focused on what's important. It doesn't have to be morbid.

Birthdays - rather, your original birth day - is one of the beginning steps to your death day. Okay, that might be a little morbid. Trite, but true - you don't live forever - at least not in this life.

But your birth day is also one of the beginning steps in your forever days. Eternity is out there. The only question is how you plan to spend it - with whom and where.

This would be the Rev part of RevMcGator - are you living right now with your eternity in mind? Live everyday as a birthday - a new birth day, in the realization that every day God gives us the opportunity to live out the reality of the new birth of grace we experience in him.

{We finally left Atlanta just after 10pm. But the rest is a story for another day.}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for only keeping the thin pre-Luke pictures on your computer!