Thursday, May 31, 2007

Fore!

The ball was headed directly for their cart, as the twosome passed behind the green on their way to the next hole.

So, yes, I did really yell "Fore!" once this week.

I was at the Southeastern University Tournament at The Pearl in Calabash, North Carolina. It's a very good tournament. It was great to see Mark Carr. He's started a new church in Raleigh. It looks like he'll do well.

We - the seven of us from Faith, along with Pastor's brother - arrived Monday about 10am, having left North Fort Myers after the Sunday morning service, driving all day, spending the night in Florence, SC, and driving to the course, by way of Krispy Kreme.

We played golf until 5pm Monday - 18 holes on the West Course, then the last 5 holes of the East Course - then had dinner in the clubhouse.

After a good night's sleep at the hotel on the beach, we played the 1st round of the tourney on Tuesday morning on the West Course. My foursome - me, Pastor, his brother Paul, and Stephen Porter - didn't have a good day, but it worked out well for us. We shot a 1 under, 71, and we were put into the 3rd flight. We then played a practice round on the East Course.

Tuesday night was dinner at The Isle restaurant on the beach. It was a buffet with she-crab soup, salad, fish...then we went to the main buffet, with steak, chicken, fish, and vegetables.

Wednesday morning we played the second round. It was a much better day. We started the day with a one-shot lead in our flight, then shot a 9-under 63. I had told Stephen before we started that I thought we would need to shoot a 62 to win. I was right. The 2nd place team shot a 62 to tie us, then won on the tiebreaker.

It didn't matter, because everyone gets a prize. I won a pair of golf shoes. Adidas. Worth $150. Nice shoes. I also got a pitching wedge, hat, and shirt.

We left about 3pm, and drove to just north of Orlando. We drove home this morning.

It was a good trip. Good golf, good food, good fellowship. It was good to see Mark. It was great weather. It's good to be home.

Yes, the ball missed the twosome.

3 comments:

shl45 said...

Hi Tim! I know you don't know me. I found your blog off of Mark Lunsford's. My husband and I used to go to Ocala A/G years ago. I was friends with Trudi and her sisters. It's been interesting reading your blog but especially seeing your pictures. I hardly recognized Trudi! My name is Sharon Lanham...she may remember me more as Sharon Harding. Please tell her I said "hello"! I can't believe you all have a daughter that will be a senior. Our daughter just graduated high school and will be going to SEU in the fall. Hope you don't mind that I've invaded your blog! Sharon

Mark Lunsford said...

I'm still waiting to see your post about the travesty and betrayal of Billy Donovan's bolt to the nba. :) BYW-i am officially requesting that you enable full text feeds from your blog. i promise I'll read every one. :)

Tim McDaniel said...

Sharon - Trudi would love to hear from you via email (on my profile). More pictures to come!

Mark - settings changed per your request :) didn't feel betrayed...'though Magic fans might (according to late reports)