Sunday, May 13, 2007

Better Fonts

Happy Mother's Day.

My mom (and dad) were here for the afternoon. Dad wanted to watch the end of the Player's Championship (golf) and Mom wanted to see us. Okay, I'm sure Dad wanted to see us, too...I think.

But do you care about all that?

What IS interesting is a tip I heard on MacBreak Weekly about ComicBookFonts. These are great looking fonts, and it challenged me to do a better job with the fonts we use in Sunday services. I wanted to buy a few of the fonts at the ComicBookFonts web site, but didn't want to spend the money.

Fortunately, I have about 4000 fonts already on my Mac. (Yes, that's way too many. Microsoft Office has a cow every time I open a document.) But I have no idea what they all are. I've been spending time this weekend getting to know them. So far my favorite is Bolton Sans. That's the font I'm using in the blog header.

I just wish Blogger would give me more options on fonts to use in this blog.

(At least I didn't lose $747,000 like poor Sean O'Hair did today. Wait a minute...did I say poor? The guy still won over $200,000. Slightly better than I did today.)

No comments: