Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Enemy...only in a football sense

As a Gator fan I have a unwritten contract to despise everything that has to do with FSU and Georgia. They are our rivals - okay, not Georgia so much, since we own them. And there's no way you can like your rival's coach.

That's easy with FSU. Yes, I know, I've heard it..."Not like Bobby Bowden? But he seems like such a nice, Christian man." I don't buy it. I don't like him.

And Georgia's coach? Well...rats. I can't not like him, which is really terrible from a football perspective. After all, not only is he the head coach at Georgia, but he used to be on the staff at FSU. Trouble is, he's genuine, a good coach, and really represents Christ well.

Was I mad at what he had his team do on the goal line last year, stomping and jumping around? No. It was a tactic which worked well...last year.

And since we throttled them last week, it's all good.

I say all that to explain why I'm posting this video of the Georgia coach and his family. Because it's good. And inspirational. I hope Georgia does well for the rest of the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so good!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's the guy from Facing the Giants!