Monday, March 9, 2009

But for $3.99, it's not bad [Mc]

The best thing that I can say about U2's new album,No Line On The Horizon, is that I paid less than four bucks for it. It's not that it's bad. It's not, not bad at all. That assessment would be sure to get any U2 fans riled up (if they read this blog).

But really...if you didn't know who made this collection of songs, would you like it that much?

With any established artist, the fan base will hope that it's the best thing since...well, since their last album (thank you, Tim Hawkins), and they will love it - LOVE it - even if it's only mediocre.

Not saying this effort is mediocre. But maybe it is. Or maybe it's one of those albums that will grow on me and over time I'll really like it. But if so, then it won't be any different than a lot of music I own.

The first Switchfoot album I heard - that was great, and I had no idea who they were. Sanctus Real - same thing. Nevertheless, The Afters, Britt Nicole...I could go on, but I think you get the idea. All had albums that made you go, wow.

But they also had albums that made you go, ehh. That's this one from U2. Ehh. S'okay. Not great.

No comments: